[ports-i386@dosirak.kr.freebsd.org: kaptain-0.72 failed on i386 5]

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Mon Dec 6 21:25:19 PST 2004

On Monday, 6. December 2004 18:03, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> On Sunday 05 of December 2004 12:26, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Sunday, 5. December 2004 08:29, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > checking for libXext... no
> > > configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
> > > can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
> > > them either.
> >
> > I took the liberty of fixing this one too, it borrows a configure check
> > from KDE but only depends on QT.
>
> Thanks again for taking care of USE_KDELIBS_VER cases and for this one.
> There are a couple more of this type, like games/qgo, cad/qfsm... This is
> perhaps a naive question but would it be possible to put
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--x-libraries=${X11BASE}/lib
> --x-includes=${X11BASE}/include under USE_QT_VER section of bsd.kde.mk
> instead of under USE_KDELIBS_VER?

Not good, USE_QT_VER ports aren't guaranteed to use that configure check (or
even to use a configure script that understands or manages to gracefully
ignore these parameters).

> Or to even take it further and put it
> under .if defined(GNU_CONFIGURE) section in bsd.port.mk, perhaps depending
> on whether WITHOUT_X11 is defined?

That might work, but bsd.port.mk is portmgr territory, I can't touch it.

> It seems that would avoid the need to
> specify it in couple of ports separately.

There aren't that many US_QT_VER consumers in the tree which need those extra
CONFIGURE_ARGS - if you want, I could save you some donkey work, pick them
out of kris' error reports and commit the fixes myself.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org