XFree86 4.4 - an attempt on upgrading ports

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at guest.arnes.si
Thu Apr 15 03:16:51 PDT 2004

On Thursday 15 of April 2004 11:03, Tilman Linneweh wrote:
> Hello Dejan,
>
> Am Do, den 15.04.2004 schrieb Dejan Lesjak um 10:10:
> > Hello,
> > Erm, so I tried upgrading XFree ports and the results of this can be seen
> > at http://www.ijs.si/software/freebsd-local/cvsweb.cgi
>
> Cool! Is there an easy way to download them all?

Hm, well it seems that "Download this directory in tarball" thingie doesn't
work as I expected, so I've put a bziped tarball at:
http://www.ijs.si/software/stuff/xfree44-ports.tar.bz2

> I do have an amd64 and I am interested to test them.
>
> regards
> tilman

As I can see, you would hav to comment out this:
.if ${ARCH} == amd64
BROKEN=                 "Does not build on amd64"
.endif

in XFree86-4-Server/Makefile and see if you get the same error as here:
http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-errorlogs/e.5.20040321/XFree86-Server-4.3.99.15_2.log
I'll see a bit later, what should be done to scripts/configure to make this
work if it still fails, but as far as I can see XF86CardDrivers are left
undefined for AMD64 and shoul pick up the defaults from xfree86.cf.

Dejan