www/184650: send-pr changes triple-dot to a double-dot

Constantine A. Murenin cnst++ at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 10 05:20:00 UTC 2013

>Number:         184650
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       send-pr changes triple-dot to a double-dot
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Not sure which part of the send-pr infrastructure is causing this, but, my previous PR, docs/184649, had triple dots on two of the lines in How-to-repeat when I've submitted it through the web-interface; however, when looking at it now at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=184649, only two dots on those two lines are shown, with the third dot missing, twice.

I have a feeling that this might be due to a bug in some SMTP-facing interface.
>How-To-Repeat:
Use http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html to submit a bug report.

On one of the lines, include three dots, by themselves.

Receive an email confirmation, follow the link to the PR, find that one of the three dots is missing, and only two dots are shown.

For further testing, I'm including an output of a sample script, which might make the issue more noticeable.

% jot 16 | perl -nle 'if (/(\d+)/) {print("." x $1);}'