www/150213: Freebsd8.1 php Zlib library installnation bug

coco sujoe_2006 at 163.com
Thu Sep 2 04:20:03 UTC 2010

>Number:         150213
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       Freebsd8.1 php Zlib library installnation bug
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
my web server environment is :
apache:2.2,*
php:5.3.2
mysql 5.1,*
php-extension (zlib library is checked)

when i use the function "gzcompression",i get an error:
Fata error :Call to undefined function gzcompress();

I get solution information by GOOGLE,it needs Zlib libray,Then , I get the my server's zlib library version is 1.2.3 by phpinfo(),but "Registered PHP Streams" have no "compress.zlib " ,Why?I have checked "zlib library support" at the step of installing php-extension?
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
For sloving the problem,I do somethings:
#vi /usr/local/etc/php.ini
change flowing contents :
zlib.output_compression = Off
;zlib.output_compression_level = -1
zlib.output_compression = On
zlib.output_compression_level = 6

then ,i restart apache ,but the error is same,so :
#vi /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
there is no "extension=zlib.so",i add it,then
#cd /usr/local/lib/php/
there three directory,but i can not find zlib.so in them,I think ,Freebsd did not install "Zlib",although I have checked it.So i must install the "Zlib" by myself:
#cd /usr/ports/archrives/php5-zlib
#make install clean
when it done,input following command:
#/usr/local/sbin/apachectl restart