www/153524: Need a page listing errata notices

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Dec 29 21:00:32 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR www/153524; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org>
To: Jason Helfman <jhelfman at e-e.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org,
 doc at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: www/153524: Need a page listing errata notices
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:59:31 -0500

 On Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:01:04 pm Jason Helfman wrote:
 > On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 02:55:23PM -0500, John Baldwin thus spake:
 > >[ cc'ing doc@ as I haven't seen the original PR hit doc@ yet ]
 > >
 > >I've come up with a patch to do this.  It is available here:
 > >
 > >http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/notices_html.patch
 >
 > The original PR I had put in for this is here: docs/142437
 >
 > Nice! I was working on this solution, and had it except for the output of
 > the notices was displaying only a release.
 >
 > My patch was very similar to what you had written.
 >
 > Beyond this, the errata xml just needs to be updated to be up-to-date for a
 > follow-up PR, or security task.

 Hmm, that is the only release version listed in notices.xml.  It looks like I
 could probably axe all the special release handling for notices similar to
 what Simon did in 1.16 of libcommon.xsl.

 I've done that and updated the patch at the URL above.  It should also say
 'Errata Notices name' instead of 'Advisory name' at for the table header above
 the list of notices now as well.

 --
 John Baldwin