cannot search freebsd-bugs

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Tue Dec 21 19:31:49 UTC 2010

Johann,

On Dec 21, 2010, at 7:51 PM, Johann Kois wrote:

> Am 21.12.2010 17:08, schrieb Remko Lodder:
>>
>> On Dec 20, 2010, at 7:59 PM, Rob Henry wrote:
>>
>>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/
>>>

>>> Internal Server Error
>>> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>>> unable to complete your request.
>>> Please contact the server administrator, www at freebsd.org and inform
>>> them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
>>> that may have caused the error.
>>>
>>> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
>>

>> Rob,
>>
>> Thank you for the report, can you share what you did that triggered this?
>
> Hi Remko,
>
> this a global problem.  The search on lists.freebsd.org ist totally
> broken for all mailing lists (and it looks like it has been broken for a
> long time).  The search index for freebsd-www for example has not been
> rebuilt since 2007...
>
> See for example the thread starting here (it also explains how to get
> there - basically we link to that place from our documentation):
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-www/2010-December/006884.html
>
> Any idea who could fix that?
>
> Regards.

Yes I understand that. But the report mentions that people should where possible tell
what they were doing and looking for when the error occured. Possibly the search
engine db had been corrupted or it's just certain queries. If we can report this to the webmasters
(Wosch@ CC'ed) we might need this information so that it's a very powerfull report ;)

Cheers
Remko