www/135465: FreeBSD cvsweb reporting inaccurate logs?

remko at FreeBSD.org remko at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 6 07:30:01 UTC 2009

Synopsis: FreeBSD cvsweb reporting inaccurate logs?

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: remko
State-Changed-When: Fri Nov 6 07:27:53 UTC 2009
State-Changed-Why:
I think this is because the way the product works. CVS head tracking
what you see when you open cvsweb, is not listing version information
for branched items. It track's its own tree, unless you specify a
specific different revision, which you can do on the bottom part of
the webpage presented.

Annotate works a bit differently and shows the changed lines and
queries a bit different, which is why there are different results.

In my opinion this will not be corrected at anytime soon, it had been
in use for a long period of time, and no one actually had problems with
that. In other words the current situation works just fine.

Thanks