www/133862: 24 bit version of FreeBSD favicon

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Sun Apr 19 21:10:01 UTC 2009

>Number:         133862
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       24 bit version of FreeBSD favicon
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The current version of the FreeBSD Project favicon (*) has only 256 colors and no alpha channel transparency. As a result, it looks somewhat choppy in every modern web browser.

* http://www.freebsd.org/favicon.ico
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/www/en/favicon.ico

>How-To-Repeat:
Visit the FreeBSD Project website using a modern web browser and check the way the favicon is rendered.

>Fix:
I have prepared a new 24 bit version of the FreeBSD Project favicon. It is available at:

http://noc.ntua.gr/~christia/freebsd-favicon-24bit.ico

Feel free to use it as you wish.

Regards,
Panagiotis