FreeBSD wiki upgraded

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 18 09:59:01 UTC 2008

On 2008.06.18 11:10:03 +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > The moinmoin people changed some of the markup... (no comments on that
> > in public forums...) so there are some differences.  Hopefully they
> > are minor, but there is not really anything to be done about that.
>
> Were existing pages converted to the new markup, or will we have to do
> it manually?

It was converted during the upgrade, but in a few places it failed.
E.g. see the upgrade change done automatically:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/FrontPage?action=diff&rev2=172&rev1=171

and the small fixup I had to do:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/FrontPage?action=diff&rev2=173&rev1=172

> One very annoying "feature" of moinmoin, btw, is that it does not
> understand nested markup, e.g. monospace or italic in a section title.
> Do you know if they've fixed this, or intend to fix it in a later
> version?

Unfortunatly I have no idea.  I actually don't use the wiki much
myself so, except when things break, I don't look too much at it as I
personally much prefer emacs + XML/HTML + cvs/hg + make + xslt for
writing web pages :-).

An overview of changes can be found at
http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinRelease1.6 - but the detailed list is LONG so
I have not read that list more closely.

It should be noted that I certainly know that moinmoin is not perfect,
and given a choice I would probably pick another wiki, but at this
point I don't think the pain of switching is worth the trouble.

--
Simon L. Nielsen