FreeBSD wiki upgraded

Oliver Fromme olli at fromme.com
Wed Jun 18 06:23:33 UTC 2008

Hello Simon,

First of all, thank you very much for maintaining the wiki!
I'm responsible for a MoinMoin server myself, so I know
it's not necessarily trivial to maintain, especially when
you've customized a lot of things.  (Having said that, I
*do* like MoinMoin and would recommend it anytime.)

Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
 > [...]
 > I need to make a few more adjustments to the wiki so there
 > will be minor disruptions in the coming days, but hopefully
 > that should not be noticeable.

Well ...  I notice the following:

"You triggered the wiki's surge protection by doing too many
requests in a short time.  Please make a short break reading
the stuff you already got."

I certainly haven't done too many requests -- this is the
first time I try to look at the wiki in weeks.

In case it helps to track the problem down:  My requests
come via a Squid proxy on address 88.217.63.27.  I am the
only person using that proxy.  The IP address is dynamic,
but I have this one since May 1st (last redial) so I'm
pretty sure nobody else was using this address recently.

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Bunsenstr. 13, 81735 Muenchen, Germany

``We are all but compressed light'' (Albert Einstein)