[Article: FreeBSD and IPv6]

Archimedes Gaviola a_gaviola at yahoo.com.ph
Fri Feb 1 20:22:43 PST 2008

To Whom It May Concerned:

Hi and good day! I'm a Filipino FreeBSD user and at the same time an IPv6 technology researcher. One time when I deploy a FreeBSD-6.0 RELEASE in a government office here in the Philippines, Department of Science and Technology (DOST), what I had in my mind is to create a simple document in order for others to follow in terms of IPv6 technology using FreeBSD especially researchers in schools and other offices who wanted to deploy early with IPv6. The actual deployment of this project happened around 2 years ago in a remote island, Siquijor in which only few knows what an IPv6 technology is as well as what a FreeBSD operating system is. I've used old i386 desktop PC (Pentium 1) with only 32MB of RAM and a small capacity of hard disk to make it as a dual-stack gateway/firewall for both IPv4 and IPv6. I also get IPv6 connection from a tunnel broker from Canada - Hexago in which I got /64 prefix for my Windows desktop hosts. Until now, this gateway is still
 functioning without any problem on FreeBSD. So that's why I take my time writing you so that my article will be published if it is acceptable to the project. Because I was happy during that time that IPv6 and FreeBSD was a successful combination technologies during deployment and then I consider this as the only means that I can contribute to the project.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely Yours,

Archimedes Gaviola