www/130070: 8.0-CURRENT

Michael W Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Wed Dec 31 00:00:19 UTC 2008

>Number:         130070
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       8.0-CURRENT
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I just submitted a ports PR with a patch attached.  The Web interface offers the following instructions for uploading a patch.

And/or patch file (100KB max, .txt extension recommended):

The word "recommendation" implies that it's not strictly required.  I ignored the recommendation, and listed my patch as it existed.  (I knew durn well that the committer would have to rename it to the name I gave it, anyway.)

The submission was rejected because the patch did not have the extension .txt.  I do not object to this behavior, but I would suggest that the word "recommended" be changed to "required."

Of course, I stumbled over this less than a month after (willingly) relenquishing my doc commit bit...  figures.
>How-To-Repeat:
Go to http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html.  Try to submit a PR with a patch with a name such as

patch-bin_flow-rptfmt

While this (or something much like it) is how the file name will appear when committed, send-pr.html rejected it.

Had it said "required," I would have changed the file name before even trying to submit.

>Fix:
Change "recommended" to "required," perhaps listing any other types that the script will take.