www/98798: Our statistics page is out of date

Murray Stokely murray.stokely at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 19:20:06 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR www/98798; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Murray Stokely" <murray.stokely at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, "Joseph Koshy" <jkoshy at freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: www/98798: Our statistics page is out of date
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:10:22 -0800

 Core@ has discussed strongly moving to Google Analytics for
 www.freebsd.org.  Google Analytics is based on the Urchin product that
 we used previously before it was acquired by Google, but just entails
 us adding a javascript ping to the bottom of pages instead of
 analyzing http logs.  This has the advantage of providing information
 about screen resolution and other details not possible to collect from
 httpd access logs.  It also provides a much more detailed analysis of
 trends that allow you to drill down to different geographic regions,
 to see the most popular search terms that allow users to get to our
 site, where users lose interest in the site, etc..

 Please speak up here if you have concerns about moving to Google
 Analytics to provide better web usage statistics.