news for the press page

Frankye Fattarelli frankye at ipv5.net
Tue Apr 22 19:52:43 UTC 2008

Dear Sir/Madam
A beta of Crossover Games (i.e.: commercial wine for games) has been released for FreeBSD, and their developers are actually asking for community support. This actually requires to buy one of their not-freebsd products, but, personally, it's not the first time I've shelled out money for FreeBSD just for the heck of it, and it won't be the last.

There's an article here: http://www.freebsdos.com/news/2008/04/19/crossover-games-announced/ that sums it up nicely, and it's been slashdotted as well (http://games.slashdot.org/games/08/04/21/0213251.shtml)

It's some really non-essential piece of software, but almost everyone I know has got some windows machine/dual boot just for a couple of games. Some coverage, hopefully leading to a stable commercial product, would be nice.

ps: I am in no way affiliated with codeweavers

Best Regards

Frankye