Two new FreeBSD articles on Open Addict

Open Addict Support support at openaddict.com
Thu Oct 18 11:39:17 PDT 2007

Hello,

We've posted 2 new FreeBSD articles over on Open Addict:

Managing Multiple FreeBSD Systems
by Jonathan Horne
"It is quite simple to manage multiple FreeBSD systems on your network,
and to keep them maintained to the same revision level. The buildworld
process can be quite long, but luckily, you only need to do it once, no
matter how many FreeBSD machines you operate. In this document, I will
describe how to keep multiple machines updated from only one copy of the
ports tree, and one copy of the system sources."
Article located at: http://www.openaddict.com/node/35

Creating and Managing A Jailed Virtual Host in FreeBSD
by Jonathan Horne
"It is possible to spawn a completely jailed second (or many!) operating
system within a modern FreeBSD install. Doing so can be tricky, but here
I will document the method that I have found works for me. The first
most important resource about jails, is the man page, and many of the
examples that you will see are basically straight following of the man
page. Once you are done, each jail will operate as if its a complete
independant operating system."
Article located at: http://www.openaddict.com/node/36

Sincerely,
Rich Morgan