http://www.freebsd.org/internal/fortunes.html rewording

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Tue Nov 27 06:36:05 PST 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:49:59 +0100 (CET) Remko Lodder wrote:
> On Tue, November 27, 2007 12:05 am, Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:

> > Replace:
> > 	Examples of entries that should not usually be declared 'offensive':
> > 	    * Hitler quotes.

I have already asked the question at another list but didn't get an
answer. As I'm not a native English speaker can someone say what that
phrase mean? As for me it seams like "Examples of enties that mainly
are not offensive: * Hitler qoutes".

> Personally I do not see a real reason to update this text,

I'd prefer to see someting like "Examples and entries that sometimes
may be not offensive: * Hitler quotes". But why the official FreeBSD
site should point an attention at him personally?

> I think it is
> fine as it is now, and indeed everyone should decide for him or herself
> whether these quotes are offensive or not,

OK, let _others_ decide it after reading those quotes. But let's stay
away of the politics at the official site. Using his name _alone_ *is*
politics.

> I think the world is already
> full of the additions that you are proposing :-) lets keep it simple..

OK, I'll try to advice a simple phrase that has a strict apolitical
meaning and send it via PR.

WBR
--
bsam