www/107834: Tyan Board Addition - H2000M S3992G3NR

Gary Bickford gbickford at ivesinc.com
Wed Mar 21 13:50:16 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR www/107834; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Gary Bickford" <gbickford at ivesinc.com>
To: <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>,
	<nicole at unixgirl.com>
Subject: Re: www/107834: Tyan Board Addition - H2000M S3992G3NR
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:34:29 -0400

 We have had no success getting this board running with RAID.  The board
 has an onboard ServerWorks RAID controller and four SATA connections,
 and we also tried many approaches to get a 3Ware 8-way RAID card to work
 under both FreeBSD 6.2 and Fedora Core 6.

 The apparent problem is that while the BIOS and the early part of the
 boot recognize the respective hardware, and both BIOS and OS drivers are
 installed, the controllers become invisible so that no controllers are
 apparently visible to the OS.  However, if the RAID function is turned
 off in the BIOS, the drives are visible as four individual disks and the
 system can be installed without problems.  I'm not a complete newbie
 though I know Fedora better, but this one has stumped everyone involved.
 My hunch is that there is an interrupt conflict or some other simple
 issue, but I don't have the time to debug this - we just need a big
 database server with an 8-drive RAID 10, running yesterday.

 -----
 Gary Bickford                   Sr. Technical Analyst
 Ives Group                      http://www.ivesinc.com/