www/100832: unable to find bugs I've opened -- bug searching nearly useless

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 13 13:03:28 UTC 2007

Synopsis: unable to find bugs I've opened -- bug searching nearly useless

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: gabor
State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 13 12:52:51 UTC 2007
State-Changed-Why:
Hi Jo,

I understand your concerns about it, but as Pav said, the search engine
belongs to GNATS not our script, so we cannot do much about this.

As for the states, I think the current behhaviour is practical. An interested
party usually looks for PRs that are not closed, but still should be solved.
When I look for something to work on, I also need to dig amongst non-closed
reports, so i think it suffices the most needs.
Committers can search via the query-pr command line interface and grep in
PRs. But you don't have to be a committer to do so, you can mirror the GNATS
database if you want to run a more advanced search, you can decide if it's
worth to you. Check /usr/share/examples/cvsup/gnats-supfile if you want to
fetch the PR database.

Unfortunately, I cannot offer a simpler solution for you, so I'm closing this
PR now, since it is open for a long time, but did not get us any step forward.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to reply.

Regards,
Gabor

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-www->gabor
Responsible-Changed-By: gabor
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Mar 13 12:52:51 UTC 2007
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Track.