www/109150: Toshiba Satellite A135-S4517 amd62 suppoer

Jeff Palmer scorpio at drkshdw.org
Wed Feb 14 04:20:05 UTC 2007

>Number:         109150
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       Toshiba Satellite A135-S4517  amd62 suppoer
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The Toshiba A135-S4517 is a core2duo laptop.  So far, FreeBSD/amd64 runs fine except for the builtin centrino wifi card (Intel Pro 3945abg) and the builtin audio (Realtek High Definition Audio)

It appears as though there is an effort to port the 'wpi' driver to FreeBSD, and it's status can be found here: http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi or here: http://www.clearchain.com/~benjsc/download

Initial testing on the wifi support looks good.  I can associate and connect to an AP, but haven't done any reliability/throughput/stability testing as of yet.

The audio on the other hand,  I can't seem to find much information on a driver either in development, or being ported.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
The above is an update for:

http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html