RFC: putting our graphs onto the website

Brooks Davis brooks at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 24 17:29:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 10:18:42AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Marc Fonvieille <blackend at freebsd.org> wrote
>   in <20070423183352.GB1060 at gothic.blackend.org>:
>
> bl> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 12:44:21PM -0500, Brooks Davis wrote:
> bl> >
> bl> > Given that docproj includes TeX it's dependency list, complaining about
> bl> > the weight of graphviz seems silly.
> bl>
> bl> The fact something is already heavy is not a reason to make it heavier.
> bl> It's like telling that since the water is polluted we can add more
> bl> pollution.
>
>  Hmm, I agree with not making the port heavier.  The docproj's TeX
>  dependency is one of what we want to remove, and keeping it small is
>  always our goal.  graphviz is a powerful tool, but it needs X IIRC
>  (docproj has a no X11 option).

FWIW, it defaults to depending on X, but does not actually require it.
It looks like adding a no X11 option wouldn't be too hard.  If you turn
everything off, the full all-depends-list is:

/usr/ports/devel/gmake
/usr/ports/devel/bison
/usr/ports/devel/libtool15
/usr/ports/graphics/jpeg