[RFC]: query-pr-summary.cgi default behavior change

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 18 13:13:22 PDT 2006

On 2006.09.17 21:29:54 +0200, Daniel Gerzo wrote:

>   I don't like the default behavior of query-pr-summary.cgi which lists
>   all open PR in the GNATS. This produces around 1.2M of html, which
>   takes some time to load. It does not eat our bandwidth, it also makes
>   in my opinion unneeded load on GNATS. The following patch makes this
>   script to show the form by default.
>
>   Please comment, if it's okay with you, I will just go ahead and pass
>   in through my mentors and then commit.

Hey,

Initially I thought it was a bad idea, but on further thinking it's
probably not... personally I find the complete list rather useless.

There might be links around which point to
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi and say "see list of
open PR's" here, so perhaps it would be a good idea with a comment in
the bottom of the form (at least for a while) which says something
like "To show current list of open PR's, just press "Query PS's"", or
something like that.  Just an idea.

--
Simon L. Nielsen