www/103081: Notification email about PR arives too fast.

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 10 03:00:42 PDT 2006

The following reply was made to PR www/103081; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Remko Lodder <remko at FreeBSD.org>
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?V=E1clav_Haisman?= <v.haisman at sh.cvut.cz>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: www/103081: Notification email about PR arives too fast.
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 11:53:18 +0200

 Václav Haisman wrote:
 > Whenever I report a bug, I get email notification with URL about the bug. But the email always comes sooner than the URL becomes valid. The email should be sent only after the web is updated/the URL is valid.
 >
 >> How-To-Repeat:
 > Report a bug and click at the URL in the email notification you get.
 >> Fix:

 I think you might have a point, but this is not a Problem so IMO this
 should not belong in the GNATS PR database.

 The system needs to do some synchronisation and we use caching before
 the PR retrieval system to offload some traffic.  If we implement
 your idea, we would load our systems even more, which is not very
 efficient use of our setup.

 If you have ideas to overcome these problems, please feel free to
 demonstrate them, in that case please send your idea/PoC to
 www at FreeBSD.org so that everyone can discuss it and finally be put
 into the tree (or wherever the change is needed).

 Thanks for taking the time to notice this behaviour and reporting
 it to us!

 Cheers,
 Remko

 --
 Kind regards,

       Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
       FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

       /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */