What am I doing wrong?

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Sun Feb 26 07:34:35 PST 2006

Kövesdán Gábor wrote:

> Fabian Keil wrote:
>
>> Kövesdán Gábor <gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu> wrote:

>>> In Firefox 1.5.0.1 and in IE 6. Here's what I see:
>>> http://tux.t-hosting.hu/webpage_hu.jpg
>>>

>> Indeed it looks like none of the style sheets are used.
>> The pictures are style sheet dependent as well.
>>

>>> But it should look the same as FreeBSD.org with some pieces of
>>> Hungarian text.
>>>

>> In "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060216
>> Firefox/1.5.0.1" it does, except for the character encoding:
>>
>> http://www.fabiankeil.de/tmp/freebsd.org-hu-translation-in-firefox-1024x768.png
>>
>> 211 KB
>>
>> I changes the character encoding manually to ISO-8859-1, otherwise
>> Firefox ignores my font settings. But even with ISO-8859-2 it looks
>> ok (besides the insanely small font-size which isn't your fault).
>>
>> I just checked with Firefox 1.5 and IE 6.0 under Windows and didn't
>> notice any unusual problems. Are you sure it isn't a problem on your
>> browsing machine? Do you have a second system to check?
>>
>> Fabian
>>

> Yes, I checked with an old machine and it was almost fine with IE 4.
> This is very strange. The first version was completely fine for me,
> too. I can't find out what's the problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gabor Kovesdan

I've installed Mozilla, and the webpage was okay. Then I looked at the
old one:
http://tux.t-hosting.hu/old/data/
This was weird even with Mozilla. I clicked at the Back button and now
the new one was wrong either! I'll go insane. :S
Could you also check the old one with Firefox and IE 6, please?

Thanks,

Gabor Kovesdan