Problem with Kernel

Daniel Gerzo danger at rulez.sk
Fri Feb 24 05:39:14 PST 2006

Hello w3l,

> I know this is not the best e-mail address to direct my question to. I'm really sorry.
> well my question is simple why when booting FreeBSD 6.0 this menu won't come up
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-start.html#KERNEL-CONFIG

 Because the Installation guide is, sadly, outdated.  I have some
 diffs for that, but ceri haven't had time yet to check them.  We
 still probably lack some inforomation how to take the .scr
 screenshots.

 You will not see that screen when booting FreeBSD 5.0 (IIRC) and
 later as well as the kernel config section of that guide, since
 that's only 4.x too.  5.0 and later uses device.hints for this.

--
Sincerely,
 Daniel Gerzo