www/93756: updates to AMD64 mobo list

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Feb 23 07:20:05 PST 2006

System: FreeBSD yertle.int.kciLink.com 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #7: Tue May 31 11:38:22 EDT 2005 khera at yertle.int.kciLink.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/YERTLE amd64

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

updates to entries:

Tyan K8SR (S2881):
 onboard bge(4) ethernet tends to lock up machine.
 seems to be quality control issues. of 6 motherboards I had, 1 is stable.

new entries:

Sun SunFire X4100:
 chipset AMD 8111 not sure of socket but it has Opteron 254 processors
 tested 6.0-RELEASE to install and source-upgraded to 6.0-p4.
 has no PS/2 ports -- must use USB keyboard on rear connector (front connector
  for some reason doesn't like USB keyboard at boot).
 only has low-profile PCIx sockets making expansion tricky
 everything is functional except onboard SCSI controller is not
  recognized (LSI SAS controller)

Dell PE1850:
 PERC 4e/Si onboard RAID controller recognized by amr(4) and is very fast.
 chipset Intel ICH5 for ATA cd
 installed 6.0-beta1 from CD.  source upgraded to 6.0-RELEASE-p4.
 everything seems functional
 Intel EM64T hyperthreaded processor

Dell PE800:
 onboard Dell CERC SATA RAID 2 controller recognized by aac(4) driver, seems
  to be slower than it should.
 onboard SCSI works with tape drive
 chipset Intel ICH6 for ATA cd
 Intel EM64T hyperthreaded processor
 all devices seem to work.  boot reports "interrupt storm on bge0".
 tested 5.4-STABLE from May 31, 2005.
 ACPI locks up system at boot on: FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE, 6.0-REL-p4.  Disabling
  acpi allows system to boot and function.