www/93046: New entry for the FreeBSD User Groups webpage

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Feb 8 11:40:12 PST 2006

The following reply was made to PR www/93046; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Oliver Fromme <olli at lurza.secnetix.de>
To: danger at rulez.sk (Daniel Gerzo)
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, olli at secnetix.de (Oliver Fromme)
Subject: Re: www/93046: New entry for the FreeBSD User Groups webpage
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:35:54 +0100 (CET)

 Hallo,

 Daniel Gerzo wrote:
  > +  <entry id="bse" continent="Europe">
  > +    <name>BSD Social Event</name>
  > +    <url>http://bse.42.org/</url>
  > +    <description>BSE (BSD Social Event) is located in M&uuml;nchen
  > +      (Munich), Germany.  Feel free to visit our regular meetings (every
  > +      month on Thursday) or join the mailing list.  For more information
  > +      visit the <a href="http://bse.42.org/">BSE web site</a>.
  > +    </description>
  > +  </entry>
  >  </entries>

 First of all, thank you very much for taking care of it.

 I would like to kindly ask you to take the original text
 from my PR.  The meetings are every four weeks, not every
 month.  That's a difference.  ;-)   Also, I think it
 shouldn't be mentioned that they're on Thursday, because
 that might change in the future, and I would like to
 avoid sending a PR each time it changes.  Pointing to the
 web page for detailed information should be enough.

 Also, would it be possible to make the <name> tag contain
 "BSE (BSD Social Event)"?  There are already so many
 groups starting with "BSD".  I also think that most of
 the BSE members have forgotten that "SE" means "Social
 Event".  :-)   Anyway, if you insist on your proposed
 version of the <name> tag, it's OK.

 Thanks again!

 Best regards
    Oliver

 "If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
 abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when was the
 last time you needed one?"
         -- Tom Cargil, C++ Journal