New Article - FreeBSD in the press/ Jail Howto

Axel S. Gruner asg at encephalon.de
Tue Oct 25 04:10:31 PDT 2005

Hi,

(1)
Angelika Goessler and myself wrote an article aboute FreeBSD for the
german "CHIP" magazine: www.chip.de/opensource

This article is for FreeBSD beginner and we discuss the installation and
also a big point, the security features (firewall, chflags, jails). We
also speak about FreeBSD as a Desktopsystem (DesktopBSD and PcBSD) and
the bsdcertification program.
The article is written in german and can be downloaded at my webpage
(PDF format):
http://www.encephalon.de/publikationen/assets/FreeBSD_Goessler_Gruner.pdf

(2)
I wrote an ongoing Jail Howto (german) and maybe this is also something
to put at the articles section of www.freebsd.org.
You can find the howto here:
http://www.encephalon.de/freebsd/freebsd-jails/files/jails.pdf
Mirror (hig speed):