CGI Style conversion

Wolfram Schneider wosch at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 20 11:51:08 PDT 2005

Bill Fenner wrote:

>The only remaining barrier to claiming that it's ready is the
>mailing list archives - it looks like there is some special
>magic that's only on docs.freebsd.org and I'd have to test
>there, but docs.freebsd.org's web server doesn't execute CGIs
>in user directories.  Anyone know how the mailing list archive
>stuff is set up well enough to help test how it'll work with my
>updated cgi-style.pl

The mailing list archive run on our mail server hub.freebsd.org.
docs.freebsd.org pass the request back to hub.

You can test the cgi scripts offline on the console:

export REQUEST_METHOD=GET
export QUERY_STRING='fetch=42409+0+current/freebsd-www'

cd <your_development_documentroot>/data/cgi
./getmsg.cgi

[ HTML output ...]

-Wolfram

--