Building a local copy of www.freebsd.org

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Mon Oct 10 02:35:56 PDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 09:27:27AM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> I found another problem triggered by a local change I've made: I have
> my troffrc set for A4 paper (.pl 29.7c) and this causes
> doc/share/images/books/handbook/advanced-networking/net-routing.eps to
> fail with reports of "blank page!!" and "no bounding box".  The
> problem appears to be that "groff net-routing.pic" results in a small
> picture right at the top of the page - apparently above the 11" point.
> When "-sPAPERSIZE=letter" is specified during the EPS conversion, the
> picture is cropped off, resulting in a blank page.  Is there a
> particular reason for explicitly specifying the papersize in the EPS
> conversion?  The ps2epsi script doesn't bother doing this.

The commit log for that line of doc.images.mk says:

 revision 1.26
 date: 2003/12/30 21:41:17;  author: hrs;  state: Exp;  lines: +32 -8
 Fix problems when ghostscript with A4=yes is used.

I remember those problems with ghostscript, but the problems you're
describing presumably weren't apparent.  If you try removing that
argument from doc.images.mk, do you end up with sensible output?

Ceri
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)