[Fwd: regarding freebsd.org and konqueror]

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Sat Nov 12 03:01:20 PST 2005

Wolfram Schneider <wosch at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I'm using konqueror most of the times and I was surprised to found out
> that www.freebsd.org doesn't show properly on it. There's a little
> menu on the left which its last link (Support) appears over the first
> link of the other menu (Documentation, which is that menu's first
> link) I use Ubuntu 5.04  with Konqueror 3.43 (still there's no
> FreeBSD port for my iBook ;)
> This is a known issue or is it just me?

It's a known issue. The site uses a fixed design and makes
some presumptions about the user's font settings.

In some cases the presumptions differ from reality,
the result is a messed up layout.

Emily Boyd is already looking into it:
http://freebsd.rambler.ru/bsdmail/freebsd-www_2005/msg01158.html

> Firefox renders the site with no problems.

On your system with your font settings, not in general.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/