Still problems with webdesign (fonts in linux too small)

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Tue Nov 8 10:45:14 PST 2005

Marc Fonvieille <blackend at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 07:09:04PM +0200, Dmitry Pryanishnikov wrote:

> > >Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:33:23 +0100
> > >From:      Fritz Heinrichmeyer
> > ><fritz.heinrichmeyer at FernUni-Hagen.de>
> > >
> > >firefox: Normal is really displayed very small (at least i need a
> > >magnifying glass)
> >
> >  Yes, the same in mozilla-1.7.12,2 under FreeBSD. Please, increase
> > font size, it's terrible that one should adjust minimum font size
> > in every browser just to be able to read FreeBSD mail archives!
> >

> You can click on "Text Size: large" to get a proper display.  If you
> encounter a small font size issue on FreeBSD.org, you will get the
> same issue on many other sites as well, since we do not define
> (currently) a font-size.

In <http://www.freebsd.org/layout/css/global.css> which
gets imported by <http://www.freebsd.org/layout/css/fixed.css>
the font-size is defined as 31% smaller than the user likes it:

body {
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
  font-family: verdana, sans-serif;
  font-size: 69%;
  color: #000;
  background: #fff url("../images/hdr_fill.png") repeat-x;
}

BTW clicking "Text Size: large" doesn't work,
unless you enable JavaScript.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/