FreeBSD design proposal

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Sat Jul 23 11:28:06 GMT 2005

"W. D." <WD at US-Webmasters.com> wrote:

> At 09:36 7/22/2005, Emily Boyd, wrote:
> >...I'd like to propose the
> >following design as the basis for a redesigned website:
> >
> >http://www.emilyboyd.com/design/freebsd/homepage_proposal.png
> >http://www.emilyboyd.com/design/freebsd/secondpage_proposal.png

> >If my design proposal is accepted, I would be able to code up the design
> >as SGML/XSLT templates so that the existing website can be rapidly
> >converted to the new style and launched in time for 6.0-RELEASE.

> I did a quick scan of the HTML on PostgreSQL.org.  There were a
> number of errors that hopefully would not be duplicated on
> FreeBSD.org:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/bmgrg or:
>
> <http://www.US-Webmasters.com/FreeBSD/Temp/PostgreSQL.org-HTML-Validation-Results.htm

Do you really understand your validator? The page is XHTML, your crappy
validator can't handle it and is to stupid to interpret the doctype properly.

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.postgresql.org%2F+>

Perhaps your validator stumbled over the wrong content type:

fk at r51 ~ $lynx -dump -head http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
HTTP/1.1 200 OK