www/71682: can't start Apache 1.3 server in freeBSD 4.9

Sujit Dey sujit at rebaca.com
Sun Sep 12 13:30:28 PDT 2004

>Number:         71682
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       can't start Apache 1.3 server in freeBSD 4.9
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
After installing Apache 1.3, i was configuring in freeBSD following the procedure mentioned in FreeBSD Handbook( section 23.7 Apache HTTP Server). i've tried ServerName (in httpd.conf ) with localhost, 127.0.0.1, but using "/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start", can't start the Apache server. It is giving httpd can not be started.
I followed same procedure in Windows and able to start Apache server.
please help me or give me some clue for how to start the Apache server.