Displaying Japanese and Russian web pages

Mike Zanker mike at zanker.org
Thu Oct 7 13:54:14 PDT 2004

Hi,

I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question - if not,
please accept my apologies.

I have built a copy of the FreeBSD WWW pages and installed them in
/usr/local/www/ on my apache2 web server. The only problem is that all
languages are displayed using charset=ISO-8859-1. I'm assuming I need
to put something in httpd.conf to select the correct charset for
display of the ja and ru pages but I cannot find this information
anywhere in the FreeBSD web pages, documentation, etc.

If anybody could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful...

Thanks in advance,

--
Mike Zanker
Northampton, UK