www/74407: Please add us to the list of FreeBSD vendors on freebsd.org

Josef El-Rayes josef at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 27 16:00:54 PST 2004

Murray Stokely <murray at freebsd.org>:
> Should we at least be asking these companies what they are doing for
> the FreeBSD Community?  Do we really want to support a company called
> cheaplinux.com and dilute the mindshare of supporting FreeBSD vendors?
  cheeplinux.com != cheaplinux.com
> We never used to list companies like cheapbytes.com in the past, but
> that seems to have changed in the past 2 years.  We no longer have a
> single official vendor, but cheaplinux.com is no daemonnews or
> freebsdmall.

I wonder how many of the [1]-listed companies support FreeBSD more
direct than cheeplinux.com.

Do we really want a 'pay to get listed' philosophy?

Greets, josef

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/
--
Josef El-Rayes                   (__)