www/62060: HTML Mailarchive (non mailman interface) hasn't updated since 26.January04

Paul Seniura pdseniura at techie.com
Fri Jan 30 10:40:40 PST 2004

The following reply was made to PR www/62060; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Paul Seniura" <pdseniura at techie.com>
To: "Ceri Davies" <ceri at submonkey.net>,
	"FreeBSD Gnats Submit" <freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: "FreeBSD Gnats Submit" <freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>,
	"Paul Seniura" <pdseniura at techie.com>
Subject: Re: www/62060: HTML Mailarchive (non mailman interface) hasn't updated since 26.January04
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:37:20 -0600 (CST)

 > On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:00:34AM -0800, Paul Seniura wrote:
 > >
 > >  The older web interface provides one very important function than all other mail-archive sites I've seen so far:
 > >  When a 'commit' message comes through, we can click on the links for each file that has been changed, see the 'diff's for that file, and download them as a .gz file (thus keeping tabs etc. intact).
 > >  I don't know of any other mail-archive site that does this.
 >
 > http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/
 >
 > Ceri

 I know you're trying to help -- but --
 That is not a MAIL ARCHIVE SITE!
 I know full well about cvsweb.
 Are you trying to suggest that I keep multiple browser windows running in order to cross-link 'commit' messages to the cvsweb site?
 All by hand??
 Where mistakes can happen???
 Sometimes -- many times -- a single commit will consist of patches for a slew of files.
 Using cvsweb I would need to manually select each level of a path way down finally to reach EACH file I'm needing to see what the diff is -- one-by-one at that.

 Just get the regular mail-archive site working PLEASE!
 It does what we've been needing and still need.
 Look at other lists to see how many people have been complaining that it isn't working properly.
 Ya don't know how much something like this is missed until it breaks.

   --  thx, Paul Seniura