[headsup] update of publications page

Josef El-Rayes josef at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 17 05:19:37 PST 2004

Marc Fonvieille <blackend at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> About the books, we must keep track of them for many reasons:
>
> - A book is not like a newspaper, it's an "useful tool", even if it's
>   outdated/out of print, there is always an interesting thing inside...
>   A book is something you keep.
> - It's still possible to find old books ("second hand" shops, etc.)
> - When you run old version of FreeBSD (many people still run 2.2.8 for
>   example) and old book can be useful.
> - When you do not speak english well and if an old book in your
>   language existed, it can be interesting to know it...
> - It's also FreeBSD history, if FreeBSD.org does not keep track of them
>   who will do it? and in the case we don't do it, so why keeping 2001
>   news archives for example?
> - etc.

okay i see your arguments and i will import the old books too.

> About the CD covers, well it's FreeBSD history as well, maybe some
> people would like to see cover of FreeBSD 2.0 CDROM for example

i think it would be best to split the pages into book - cdroms - magazines
to get a cleaner result. The current way, everything included on a single
page is a bit messy.
i will rework my stuff and show you the result then.

-josef

--
Josef El-Rayes                   (__)
Email:	  josef at daemon.li     \\\'',)