soliciting review for mod_auth_pwcheck patch for Apache2

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Apr 20 12:17:02 PDT 2004

Hello!

I needed the mod_auth_pwcheck to work with Apache-2, but the
www/mod_auth_pwcheck port only works with Apache-1.3.x. I also needed
the "file-owner" and "file-group" authorization words to work (they
exist in Apache-1.3.x' mod_auth, but are absent from Apache-2's):

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_auth.html

I went on to update Anton's code, but the resulting patch is bigger
than the original (I shortened some names too), and -- being a security
related port -- should be reviewed. Anton himself can not do that beyond
a glance-over, and he is not using Apache-2 himself.

Any takers? I've placed the patch and the new version of the module as

	http://virtual-estates.net/port-stuff/mod_auth_pwcheck-apache2.txt
and
	http://virtual-estates.net/port-stuff/mod_auth_pwcheck.c

respectively. The module can be built simply with ``apxs -c''. There may
be bugs in there, which are from Anton's original code -- I plan to fix
those in the existing port and create the new www/mod_auth_pwcheck2 next
to it.

Thanks for any input. Yours,

	-mi