ftp alpha iso

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 1 01:53:32 PDT 2003

On 2003.09.30 16:53:27 -0300, Francois Vincent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't find the 4.8 release alpha disk 1 here
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha/ISO-IMAGES/4.8

It looks like there wasn't created a disc1 for alpha for 4.8.  You can
use 4.8-RELEASE-alpha-miniinst.iso to install, and then just download
packages from a ftp site, or you can just use the ports system to
install the needed programs.

Btw. the questions or alpha mailing lists might be able to help you
more, this mailing list is just for the website.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team