mailman install and setup?

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Tue Jul 29 10:02:26 PDT 2003

I am trying to get a mailman list running on freebsd 5.0. I am confused
as to which pre-install tasks need to be done before doing a 'make
install' (or in my case... a make deinstall, make reinstall) on mailman.

Here is what I've done so far:

(1) adduser mailman
(2) built apache13
(3) added the lines to attpd.conf:
ScriptAlias /mailman "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin"
Alias /pipermail "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public"
(4) build mailman with default settings

However, I'm getting a 'You don't have permission to access /mailman on
this server.' message from apache, and I'm concerned that I still need
to do something with Exim. I did go ahead and build Exim (with default
settings), but I'm wondering if there is some config that I still need
to do with Exim?

Thanks

Kirk