Browse link to mailing list archives [was: glitch in FreeBSD web pages]

Simon L. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Fri Jul 18 16:30:49 PDT 2003

On 2003.07.18 09:54:30 +0200, Wolfram Schneider wrote:
> On 2003-07-17 17:32:45 -0700, Dan Strick wrote:
> > I am mailing this to you because you are listed as the webmaster of the FreeBSD site web pages.
> > If you are not the correct person for this but know who is, please forward this email to the correct
> > person.
> >
> > The "browse" link on the FreeBSD support/mailing-list page now points to the "mailman" utility
> > instead of retrieving a list of mainling lists which can be used to access recent traffic on the
> > individual lists.  Since I do not subscribe to any of the lists but just browse them, I have been
> > cut off.  I suspect there are many other people who also browse but do not subscribe and are
> > similarly affected.  If there is another way to browse the mailing lists, please explain it on the
> > support/mailing-list page.
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> the old mailing list archive is still
> available at http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/

I have now seem a few mails about this, and I also think the "old" mail
archives are better.  The mailman interface also lacks all the old
mails.

How about just reverting v. 1.295 of www/en/support.sgml ? The next
paragraph after the browse link already contains a link to the mailman
interface.

--
Simon L. Nielsen