RFC: Restructure of the front page

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Dec 1 13:09:36 PST 2003

So far I'd have to say I like most of these followon suggestions.

My goals in proposing some of the changes were to keep in mind
that each 'first click' should take you to something general, and each
'second click' should take you to something more specific.  The
front page is a real mix-and-match of that right now. That's why I
proposed moving or dropping some of the links that I did; not that
they're not informative on their own, they just need to be pushed down
a page (and a few, like to the mailing lists, need to be pulled up).

Indeed the second-click pages are in need of work themselves
(or of being created, in a couple of places, even if only as a paragraph
plus a list of  'see for more' links), but I like Tom's suggestion of
doing it in stages.  I started working on the internal/index.html page
before bogging down myself :-)

mcl