German page not linked on mainpage

Martin Heinen martin at sumuk.de
Wed Aug 20 15:20:40 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 10:38:56AM +0200, Christian Brueffer wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 10:16:56AM +0200, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:

> > I noticed that the german version of the FreeBSD Homepage is available,
> > but there is no link on the main page. Only  Italian, Japanese, Russian,
> > Spanish and Other are links. Perhaps you should add a link there.
> >

> The german pages are listed under 'Other'.  Of course one could argue
> which language are 'important' enough to be listed on the main page.
>
> I think the current status is ok, because we shouldn't clutter the page
> with more stuff.  It is already very crowded.

Most parts of the German web site are linking to
the original documents.  I would like to add some
more stuff before announcing the German site
on the main page.

When it is time, we can avoid the clutter by using
the two letter country codes or putting links to the
localized pages into a listbox (just like the
mirror selection).

--
Marxpitn