FreeBSD Turkey

Omer Faruk Sen ofsen at enderunix.org
Sat Aug 2 10:13:07 PDT 2003

I think we can be also added as a user group in Turkey that promotes FreeBSD
in Turkey as EnderUNIX:

EnderUNIX SDT (Open Source Software Development Team), is a bunch of people
who gathered to develop free (see http://www.gnu.org ) software for Open
Source community from Turkey. They are some people who realized the
importance of "sharing" in their hearts, and distributing software for
public use. Our projects are selected in such a way that they should be
"unique" ( ender, in Turkish ), which means that there exists a need for the
project. We target primarily the *BSD platform. The languages we use in our
projects are C, C++ and Perl. We also write *BSD spesific documents. We also
host a Turkish FreeBSD Mailing list like freebsd at lists.enderunix.org which
is also archived http://lists.enderunix.org

Mehmet Akcin writes:

> Hello,
>
> I was looking for information about Turkish FreeBSD linux group(at
> http://www.tr.freebsd.org/support.html#web), I have just noticed that,
>
> Turkey The <http://www.freebsdturkey.org/>Turkish FreeBSD Users Group
> (Türkiye FreeBSD Kullanicilari Grubu) was founded in September 1999. TFUG
> is intended to help Turkish FreeBSD users to find support and articles on
> and about FreeBSD in the Turkish language. Contact
> <mailto:mgm at berkbilgisayar.com>M. Guven Mucuk for more info.
>
> This link is no longer valid, no webpage nothing, We are trying to buildup
> a community. Named turQuaz (Turkish Unix Users Communication and
> Discussion Center)
>
> The webpage for Turkish freebsd users , will soon be up, but before that I
> was wondering if it's possible to update that information with,
>
> Turkey turQuaz - Turkish Information Exchange and Communication
> Organization,(Turkiye Bilgi Paylasim ve Iletisim Organizasyonu) was
> founded in January 2002. turQuaz is offering its people from basic to
> advance unix documents in Turkish. Contact Mehmet Akcin(mehmet at akcin.net)
> for more information.
>
> The URL is going to be www.turquaz.org but I would appreciate if you
> forward the hyperlink to www.turquaz.org/freebsd
>
> All we want is to dedicate users a place to discuss and share, hope it's
> going to be liked.
>
> Mehmet AKCIN
> mehmet at akcin.net // MA-RIPE

Omer Faruk Sen