Change default mode for query-pr-summary

Dag-Erling Smorgrav des at ofug.org
Thu Apr 10 02:21:46 PDT 2003

Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des at ofug.org> writes:
> The current default behaviour for query-pr-summary is to group PRs by
> severity.

Argh!  It's even worse than I thought: the current code is *broken* as
it does not allow *not* grouping by severity.  You have the choice
between only listing PRs of a particular severity, or listing all PRs
grouped by severity.  You can select sorting criteria, but they only
apply *within* each severity group.

The links from the summary page are also broken - some of the
generated links are invalid (but fortunately beignly so) while others
are OK but drop the search criteria that generated the summary in the
first place - for instance, if I search for PRs assigned to me, and
then click on the link to have them grouped by category, it will drop
the "responsible=des" constraint; there's no way for me to get that
report other than manually editing the URL.

Forgive me for saying this, but - I don't care how much you or your
grandmother has done for the PR system in the past.  I'm going to fix
this.  If you're not happy with it, ask the current bugmeister
(keramida@) to give the previous bugmeister (YT) a very good reason
for not fixing brokenness in the PR infrastructure.

DES
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des at ofug.org