Help!

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 1 09:11:43 PST 2003

If memory serves me right, Pankaj Agarwal wrote:

> I am trying to download the ISO images of freebsd 4.7.
> I have already downloaded disc1 and disc3 of that, but
> im unble to download the disc 2. It always stops at
> 98% i.e. 624.55 mb. Know when i try to resume the
> download it says connection refused. Please help me in
> downloading that as i am eager to have a go at
> FreeBSD.

Technical support questions should go to
<freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>.  Be sure to say how you're
downloading the file(s) and what FTP mirror you're using.

Also, note that you can install FreeBSD with only disc1.  disc2 is a
"live filesystem" which is designed to help you repair a damaged
FreeBSD system.  disc3 and disc4 have more precompiled packages, but
you can install a fully functional system with just disc1.

Finally, you might consider waiting a day or two...the release of
FreeBSD 4.8 is imminent.  Check the main FreeBSD Web page for a
release announcement when this happens.  (This is not an April Fools
joke.)

Good luck!

Bruce.