CFT: wpa_supplicant/hostapd import patch

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sun Jun 30 21:00:50 UTC 2013

Certification isn't our problem. That's a manufacturer problem.

_THEY_ have to certify the device anyway. Regardless of whether we
have the stack certified.

same deal with FCC certification. Just because our stack is certified,
doesn't mean that the product will meet FCC certification
requirements.

So don't worry about the certification angle. We should aim to get
this stuff as bullet proof as possible so the certification process is
_easy_, but anyone making wifi-certified products have to get htem
certfied anyway.

-adrian