WDS

paranormal paranormal at isgroup.com.ua
Sun Jun 9 01:44:32 UTC 2013

My experience:

A friend of my gave me some used cheap dlink and WDS setup with stable
9.smth was unsuccessful.
I didn't dig a lot. The dlink was look like a shit and I gave it back.
If you figure out a proper device for WDS, tell me.
And, the most important, how much delays does it make...

I bought three 9Db antennas for my AP, the original antennas is 3Db. And
it improves signal very good.
If you want I can make a measure.. old vs new in terms of ifconfig S:N
or airodump PWR.

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 22:28 +0400, Dmitry Kolosov wrote:
> I need to expand my home wireless network.
> My environment:
> 1. FreeBSD 9-S based AP with ath0 <Atheros 9280> (AR922X as for pciconf)
> configured this way:
> wlans_ath0="wlan0"
> create_args_wlan0="wlanmode hostap dturbo regdomain RU"
> ifconfig_wlan0="channel 2:g ssid mynet_ath  192.168.22.1/24"
> hostapd_enable="YES"

Does dturbo work for you? Which speed does it give?

> 2. FreeBSD 9-S based STA with ath0 <Atheros 9285> configured this way:
> wlans_ath0="wlan0"
> create_args_wlan0="regdomain RU"
> ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
> wpa_supplicant_flags="-sq"

Try without WPA. I have a better speed without wpa, for encryption I use
ipsec.