ath0 Device Timeout Issues

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 28 03:27:23 UTC 2013

On 27 February 2013 18:59, Derrick Dantavious Edwards
<dantavious313 at gmail.com> wrote:

>     Yes. When I start the system, I get those messages. Wireless Link fails to
> establish thus causing all services requring link to fail....ie NFS . Soon
> after I am at the command prompt or GUI, I can ping hosts however, I have to
> /etc/rc.d/mountlate to get remote filesystems connected. Thanks for your
> assistance.

right. Well, those network services should only (re)start once the
network link is up.

But as to why the network link is taking a while to come up; I'm not sure.

The device timeouts are a known race. It's not indicative that a
device timeout actually did occur. Fixing the watchdog to be actually
correct is on my TODO list but it's fallen behind in priority.

I have a feeling that the probe requests aren't being given enough
time to go out. Would you mind trying to change the eventtimer /
timesource (sysctl kern.eventtimer and sysctl kern.timecounter); see
if that helps things along?

Thanks,

adrian