negotiating HT params at assoc in sta mode

PseudoCylon moonlightakkiy at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 21 12:08:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 20 February 2013 20:38, PseudoCylon <moonlightakkiy at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>>> Who can we rope in to review whether this is being done "right" ?
>>
>> Since it is ht param issue, anyone with 11n capable hardware with
>> working driver, or anyone with an AP which can tell Tx'd ampdu packets
>> are smaller than what the station has asked for.
>>
>> run(4) still generates lots of Rx errors. I cannot tell if the patch
>> does any good. I can only tell the AP does receive the driver defined
>> ht param, now.
>
> When doing aggregation? Try upping the ampdu density to something like
> 8 or 16 microseconds, maybe it needs more spacing between frames.
>
> What are you using as a transmitter in your run(4) tests?

Currently, using my ISP supplied modem/router. I cannot set those
param by hand on the ap. At least, the sta requests 16ms spacing, but
no improvements.

I'll be comparing with linux driver, and see what the differences are.
I've got a good idea on registers and descriptors. But, most of bbps
are still mystery. Maybe, blindly copy & past their value. (Hope I
have a datasheet.)

AK